Meet the Tongue Tie Team: Lori Overland SLP - Episode 338
Meet the Tongue Tie Team: Lori L. Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC, FOM
Knowing the type of providers on the Tongue Tie Treatment Team, what they do for infants, and why, is vital to understanding the process.
In this episode, Lisa Paladino interviews Lori L. Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC.
- The vital collaboration between SLP and IBCLC and other team members.
- Caring for those with neuro-motor issues and non-typically developing babies.
- How an SLP evaluates oral structure and function in infants which goes beyond general IBCLC education.
- The importance of the team, mentorship, and much more
- Article referenced during our chat about tongue tie and mastication: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1471-2458-12-934
Now's your chance to join the Professional's Guide To Tongue Tie in the Breastfeeding Infant and save over $200!
The coupon code PODCAST15 gets you an additional 15% off all of our pro and parent programs, including the fall sale price of our pro course.
Click here today: https://www.tonguetieexperts.net/ProfessionalCourse
More About Lori:
Lori L. Overland is a licensed speech and language pathologist, Certified Lactation Counselor, and holds fellowship in orofacial myology as well as a a neurodevelopmental certification. Lori specializes in oral sensory-motor/feeding therapy, oral placement and orofacial myofunctional disorders in children. Her private practice, Alphabet Soup, focuses on infants, toddlers and preschool children with oral sensory-motor/feeding disorders. Lori provides international consults as well as consults to local school districts and Birth-to-Three organizations.
www.talktools.com for live classes.
Please do not consider anything discussed on this podcast, by myself or any guest of the podcast, to be medical advice. The information is provided for educational purposes only and does not take the place of your own medical or lactation provider.